Festival of Jewish Writing - July 28-30 - Congregation Beth El, St. Johnsbury, VT
Guest Author, Poet, and Scholar-in-Residence: Amy Gottlieb
Amy Gottlieb is a novelist and poet. Her debut novel, The Beautiful Possible (Harper Perennial), was a finalist for a National Jewish Book Award and Edward Lewis Wallant Award. Her work has appeared in Lilith, On Being, Forward, Tikkun, Zeek, Storyscape, Bloomsbury Anthology of Contemporary Jewish American Poetry, and elsewhere. Formerly the Director of Publications for the Rabbinical Assembly, she has edited many books in the spirituality genre, teaches spiritual writing at the Kenyon Institute, and is scheduled to be a special guest and presenter of the Sydney Australia Jewish Writers' Conference in August.
Schedule to include:
- Friday evening: Kabbalat Shabbat with Amy Gottlieb
- Saturday afternoon: Shabbat learning with Amy Gottlieb
- Saturday evening: Havdalah and poetry reading / discussion
- Sunday afternoon:
(1) Craft talk: Spiritual writing / embracing the lyric
(2) Writing prompts / writing time / workshop & discussion.