Shavuot Nature Pilgrimage
May 30 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Offered in multiple locations throughout the day
At Living Tree Alliance in Moretown sign up for a slot between 10am-5pm
Living Tree Alliance has curated a self guided journey through nature that integrates the beauty of Spring with personal reflection, revelation, and gratitude. With inspirational guidance this pilgrimage invites exploration and allows for deep connection to self, earth, and ancestral wisdom. On this harvest festival of First Fruits, we welcome you to witness all that is fruiting inside of you!
Take a walk, go within and learn about themes of Shavuot. All ages welcome!
Reflective prompts for a self-guided Nature Pilgrimage are available for download here, and posted throughout the state. Please follow social distancing protocols at all locations
Sign up required to pilgrimage at Living Tree Alliance, Moretown, VT. Sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0E4FA9AE29A2FB6-shavuot.
All other locations are accessible without registration.
- Places to Pilgrimage with meaningful prompts
- Brattleboro Area Jewish Congregation – Brattleboro
- Bennington Museum Trails https://benningtonmuseum.org, Bennington
- Rutland Jewish Community Center
- NorthBranch Nature Center – Montpelier – available Friday – Sunday
- Rock Point – Burlington https://www.rockpointvt.org
- JCOGS – Stowe
- Living Tree Alliance – Moretown sign up required
The Pilgrimage Walk Recommendations:
– Plan for about an hour hike through the woods.
– Wear bug repellant to beware of ticks, they are prevalent in VT
– Bring water and sturdy walking shoes
- The pilgrimage at Living Tree Alliance includes 2 big hills. Wear long pants and close toed shoes as there is some wood nettle on the path (it can sting).
- Follow social distancing protocols as recommended by the CDC
Shavuot is one of the Regalim pilgrimage festivals, and honors the receiving of Torah. “Pilgrimage is a crossing over into sacred time, an intentional stepping over the limen from the mundane into the mystical. The pilgrimage of the hero is a search for wholeness, a way to explore outside the boundaries of what is familiar, and to use the experience to transform and deepen one’s personal and social worlds.” LTA’s pilgrimage festivals provide an opportunity for people of all faiths to mark communal times together with Jewish holiday cycles that provide transformational and meaningful experiences through nature connection, community, self reflection, and pausing.
LIVING TREE ALLIANCE IS A KIBBUTZ-INSPIRED COMMUNITY REIMAGINED FOR THE MODERN WORLD. WE PROVIDE OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS, SPIRITUAL SEEKERS, JEWS AND INTERFAITH FAMILIES WITH AN AUTHENTIC NATURE-BASED LIFE EXPERIENCE WHERE THEY CAN CONNECT THROUGH HOMESTEADING, CAMPING, CELEBRATIONS, FESTIVALS, EDUCATION, AND ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS. OUR PROPERTY IN VERMONT’S MAD RIVER VALLEY SPANS 91-ACRES AND INCLUDES 7 PRIVATE HOUSING LOTS, AN ACTIVE FARMING COOP, WOODLAND TRAILS, SCENIC SWIMMING HOLES,