Built in 1885, the Ahavath Gerim Synagogue became a part of the Jewish population that settled near North Street between 1880 and 1920. Today, Ahavath Gerim Synagogue is the oldest known Jewish building of worship in Vermont and is listed on both the State and National Historic Registries.
The Ahavath Gerim Congregation is a traditional conservative non-political egalitarian congregation that promotes the role of the Jewish life to perform mitzvot encompassing ethical behavior, spirituality, Judaic learning, and ritual observance.
We typically have Shabbat Services at 9:15 am on the first Saturday of the month.
For more information or to receive e-mail notifications regarding services please contact Alleyn Solomon, President of the Board or Trustees, at [email protected].